The WestMAC Football Excellence Program focuses on the needs of aspiring elite footballers, with the aim of developing professional football players of the future.
Football Excellence is an elective subject for Years 7 to 10 and consists of scheduled football related training sessions during school hours. Students will receive a minimum of two training sessions per week from qualified instructors.
The program is offered in partnership with the Western Pride Football Club (2017 NPL Men’s Premiers) and aims to:
- Develop the student's football ability to play at the highest level
- Assist in providing a pathway for developing elite players
- Develop the student's football knowledge
- Provide opportunities for students to stay involved in football if/when the cease playing such as careers in coaching and sports science
The Football Excellence Program includes:
- Access to fully qualified FAA coaches through the Western Pride FC
- Technical skills and tactical training
- Football specific strength and conditioning sessions
- Education in the areas of sports nutrition, physiology, biomechanics, sports psychology and sports medicine
- Links with local clubs and the A-League Brisbane Roar Football Club
- An opportunity to receive coaching and refereeing qualifications at a discounted rate
- An opportunity to attend specialist football camps
- Opportunities for students to play state wide and school football and futsal competitions
For more information, please contact Mr Nicholas Barling on 3813 4559 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.