The WestMAC Football Excellence Program focuses on the needs of aspiring elite footballers, with the aim of developing professional football players of the future.
Football Excellence is an elective subject for Years 7-10 and consists of scheduled football training sessions during school hours.
Students will receive a minimum of two training sessions per week from a qualified instructor.
The Excellence Program includes:
- Technical skills and tactical training
- Education in the areas of sports nutrition, physiology, fitness training and sports medicine
- Access to fully qualified FAA coaches
- Links with local clubs and the A-League Brisbane Roar Football Club
- A flexible academic or vocational education program
- An opportunity to receive coaching and refereeing qualifications at a discounted rate
- An opportunity to attend specialist football camps
- Opportunities for students to play state wide and school competitions
The program is offered in conjunction with Football Queensland, the state’s governing body for Football to:
- Develop the student's football ability to play at the highest level
- Assist in providing a pathway for developing elite players
- Develop the student's football knowledge
- Provide opportunities for students to stay involved in football if/when the cease playingsuch as careers in coaching and sports science
For more information, please contact Mr Nicholas Barling on 3813 4559 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.