WestMAC's Health Centre provides a range of health and medical assistance to students and staff at the College. The purpose-build facility is staffed by a registered nurses who support and advise all staff to ensure the quality care of our students.
The Health Centre staff provide:
- First Aid (with access to transport to quickly respond to any incident on campus)
- Support for the management of chronic health conditions such as asthma, anaphylaxis and diabetes
- Daily dispensing of medications required to be given during school hours
- Education on health issues to students, parents and staff
- Coordination of student’s access to the Queensland Health immunisation and dental health programs
- Any other assistance required in students, parents and staff achieve optimal health outcomes