West Moreton Anglican College prides itself on its internationality and welcomes students from all around the world for long and short term study options. Our international students offer richness in their backgrounds and provide opportunities for our community to appreciate diverse cultures. Our well-balanced schooling experience offers a pathway into a rewarding career or to complete additional study at university.
The College offers an inclusive and nurturing learning environment in combination with high quality pastoral care. The NEAS accredited ELICOS Centre ensures that the College can offer an individualised transition from English language studies into an academic program.
While studying at WestMAC, International students can enjoy an authentic cultural immersion through our homestay program.
What do we offer our International students?
- Government accredited English Language courses
- Highly experienced and culturally aware post graduate specialist teachers in TESOL
- A managed homestay program providing quality accommodation and care.
- Individualised timetables to suit each student
- Flexible ESL component to address individual student needs (up to 50% of their programme) in the middle school
- Dedicated support classes for Senior Secondary students
- Small, personal ESL classes with specialist teachers
- Tutors and academic counsellors providing assistance and advice with subject selection and academic progress
- Preparation for and assistance with university entrance
- Career guidance and counselling
- Dedicated International Student Support Services staff. Student Support Service includes orientation on arrival, behavioural expectations and homestay rules; help with uniform purchase; assistance opening bank account
- Transport information; advocacy with Australian government departments (eg Department of Immigration), 24 hour emergency contact staff; academic counselling; education about Australian laws.
For more information contact our Director - International Student Programs.