Every year WestMAC welcomes international students participating in study tours.
Study Tours combine educational programs with activities and excursions that allow students to meet Australian people, experience local culture and history, and interact with our unique wildlife and environment.
Study Tours will vary in length from 1 day to 4 weeks, with most programs being aproximately 2 - 3 weeks in duration. Typically they will include English language classes, school based activities and integration into Australian classes, half day and full day excursions to tourist attractions and theme parks, and homestay with local families.
Popular tours may include visits to the Gold Coast beaches, National Parks, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Brisbane's Southbank, the Queensland Museum and the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA). Theme parks such as Movie World, Seaworld, Dreamworld and Australia Zoo are always popular.
The College offers flexible, specialised programs designed to meet the expectations and requirements of visiting groups. The cost of a study tour program depends on the number and type of excursions, group size and length of program and is individually calculated for each group.
What do we offer?
- A high level of experience in hosting study tour groups of many kinds and from many different countries.
- An established, caring Homestay program.
- A NEAS accredited English Language Centre on site, with a programme devised and taught by trained, experienced ESL teachers.
- Specialist classes on request, e.g. recycling, renewable energy, academic English, IELTS classes
- Sport and Music programs for visiting groups
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities within the college environment and through external providers within South East Queensland. This includes tourist outings and outdoor education.
- Interpreters are available if required.
- Integration with local students - boys and girls aged 10 to 18 years