EmploymentClick to view WestMAC Employment Opportunities
West Moreton Anglican College (WestMAC) is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational Anglican school that promotes a balanced schooling experience and individualised learning. As a WestMAC employee, you will contribute to the personal growth and academic success of young people across Brisbane’s western corridor. The College’s unique location offers staff and students many advantages including a peaceful and safe learning environment. WestMAC provides a professionally engaging and supportive work environment where continuous improvement, innovation and creativity are valued.
WestMAC offers full time and part-time employment opportunities for teaching, administrative and support staff.
The College values its employees and aims to provide a positive, nurturing and supportive workplace. We are a family friendly employer. At WestMAC you will be surrounded by like-minded colleagues, in a caring and professional community which acknowledges commitment, dedication and hard work.
Our staff actively support the Anglican ethos, the College motto Faith, Knowledge, Service and by personal example, inspire other staff and students to personal and professional excellence.
Child Protection Statement of Commitment
Anglican schools support the rights of children and young people and are committed to ensuring the safety, welfare and wellbeing of students. Anglican schools are therefore committed to responding to allegations of student harm resulting from the conduct or actions of any person including that of employees. This commitment includes the provision of a safe and supportive living and learning environment for all students and requires all employees, volunteers and visitors to model and encourage behaviour that upholds the dignity and protection of students from harm.
Given our commitment to child protection, all teachers employed by WestMAC must be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be fully maintained. Queensland teachers are exempt from requiring a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), however as part of the recruitment process teachers will be subject to checks through the Anglican Schools Commission.
All non-academic staff invariably interact with children on a regular basis. Many have direct supervisory and support duties which are identified in their position descriptions. All non-academic staff (ie administrative, support, facilities, ancillary) must undergo a Working with Children Check and maintain a positive notice and Blue Card. Applications must be completed prior to commencement and a positive notification is a firm condition of continuing employment. As part of the recruitment process these staff will also be subject to checks through the Anglican Schools Commission.
WestMAC is an equal opportunity and family-friendly workplace, offering many benefits including:
- generous fee remission for enrolled children of permanent staff
- the convenience of a one stop educational experience from Kindergarten to Year 12, on-site Before and After School Childcare and an extensive Vacation Care Program
- above award remuneration packages as per Anglican Schools Enterprise Agreement
- choice of superannuation funds, currently 9.5 percent super with an additional 3.25 percent employer contribution if a voluntary contribution of an additional 5 percent is paid by staff
- opportunity to salary sacrifice
- opportunities for career progression through generous provision of Positions of Added Responsibility which well exceed EA benchmarks
- access to extensive professional development, the in-house delivery of which exceeds minimum requirements to maintain QCT registration
- comprehensive staff-developed Professional Engagement Program (PEP)
- access to a registered Employee Assistance Program as well as on-site Health Care Team
- annual provision of CPR and First Aid training
- comprehensive Staff Wellbeing Program
- payment for participating in the extra-curricular program
- generous leave provision including an additional week of paid leave between Christmas and New Year for all non teaching staff, and
- provision of a laptop, IPad and other electronic devices necessary for role
Click to view WestMAC Employment Opportunities