Campus & Facilities
The College’s unique location offers students many advantages. West Moreton Anglican College (WestMAC) is set on a naturally beautiful 38 hectare semi-rural campus which provides students with a peaceful and safe environment conducive to school-life, less than 10 minutes from Ipswich’s CBD.View the College Map (PDF 5M)
- The College’s spacious, air conditioned 'Lostroh Centre' Multipurpose Hall is one of the biggest facilities of its kind in the Ipswich region. With a maximum seating capacity of 2100 people, the facility offers performance opportunities and expansive sporting areas. The Lostroh Centre was renamed in 2016 to commemorate Mr Paul Lostroh's service as a previous Council Chairman. The Centre is located at the top of the campus, and is available for external hire.
- WestMAC is currently completing a major refurbishment and extension of the College’s Science facilities. This refurbishment will create state of the art laboratories with improved layouts and storage. An extended science preparation area will be included and workplace health and safety endorsed amenities for chemical storage. The Stage 1 of the project was completed in January 2017, with Stage 2 set to be completed for Semester 2, 2017.
- Opened in 2015, the fully equipped Trade Skills Centre features a robotics laboratory, dedicated design space, machine shop, large open plan manufacturing and construction workshops, general workshops, spray booths, welding bays and over $300K of specialist, commercial level equipment and machinery. This facility allows students to practically study certificate courses in construction, manufacturing technology, engineering and furnishing.
- Open in 2015 the purpose-built Middle School Precinct provides students with flexible learning spaces of the 21st century. Everything from the physical building, to the furniture and the technology is designed to support student collaboration. The building also has cutting-edge science and food technology laboratories, an open-air undercover auditorium able to comfortably sit approximately 400 students, a set-down zone, and new amenities and lockers.
- WestMAC has a comprehensive range of outdoor sporting facilities, including a 25 metre pool with tiered seating, tennis/ basketball/ netball multipurpose courts, 2 large ovals with cricket nets and 2 soccer/hockey fields.
- At the heart of the College lies the picturesque Chapel of the Good Shepherd, amphitheatre and a magnificent lake which features a diverse bird habitat.
- The College’s working farm has two cattle yards, a dedicated equestrian area and a rich cultivation area that boasts an orchard, vegetable gardens and pastures.
- WestMAC has two libraries which service the three sub-schools. Located in the Claridge Centre, the Middle and Senior School Library is a busy learning hub, which features contemporary collaborative and teaching spaces, along with desktop computers. The library is are enriched by quality curriculum focused and recreational reading materials. Included in the collections are books, graphic novels, DVDs and audio books. The College also has a dedicated Junior School Library. Full of activity, this welcoming environment includes a teaching space with interactive TV and desktop computers. The library houses picture books, series, fiction and non-fiction collections.
- WestMAC uses iPads, desktops and laptops across the campus to ensure that staff and students develop the necessary skills and abilities to remain responsive and adapt to an ever-changing technology focused world. Supported by high speed WIFI students can access the Internet and learning resources from any device in a secure and reliable computing environment.