West Moreton Anglican College operates a Uniform Shop, on the ground floor of the Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) facility that stocks all uniform requirements for students, including uniforms for sporting activities. Mrs Glenda Boike (Convenor) and Mrs Martha Harbort manage the Uniform Shop. The College gratefully acknowledges the many wonderful volunteers who provide invaluable assistance at the Uniform Shop throughout the year.
The Uniform Shop is open at the following times on school days :
- Monday - 7.30am to 3:30pm
- Wednesday - 7.30am to 3:30pm (7.30 to 11am in Terms 2 and 3)
- Friday - 7.30am to 3:30pm
- Last Day of Trade 2018 - Wednesday 28 November 2018 7.30am to 3.30pm
- First Day of Trade 2019 - Monday 14 January 2019 8.00am to 12noon
- Saturday Trade - Saturday 19 January 2019 8.00am to 12noon
- Additional Day - Thursday 24 January 2019 7.30am to 3.30pm
- Appointments Only, closed for normal trade - Friday 25 January 2019
- Year 7 and 12 Orientation Day - Tuesday 29 January 2019 7.30am to 3.30pm
- Term 1 Commences - Term 1 Trading Hours Commence - Wednesday 30 January 2019
Phone: (07) 3813 4533
Fax: (07) 3813 4566
Please click on the headings below for further information
WestMAC Uniform Shop
Appointments for New Students 2019
New Students are welcome to come to the Uniform Shop any time that it is open for 'normal trading'.
New students are strongly encouraged to make an appointment. An appointment will ensure that Uniform Shop staff are available to give individual assistance with uniform requirements and to answer questions. Appointments are available when the Uniform Shop is not open for normal trading and can only be made on the Flexischool website - please refer to your '2019 New Parents Handbook' for details on how to make appointments.
New Students’ Day (Monday 26 November 2018) is normally a very busy day for the Uniform Shop and long service delays may be experienced. To avoid this inconvenience it may be best to organise your uniform requirements on another day.
Uniform Requirements and Price Lists
The following list is an overview of the uniform requirements across all year levels at West Moreton Anglican College for 2019, details information for individual year levels can be found by clicking on the links below.
Junior School – Prep
Junior School – Year 1
- Year 1 Uniform Requirements (PDF 146kb)
- Year 1 Boys Uniform 2019 Order Form (PDF 68kb)
- Year 1 Girls Uniform 2019 Order Form (PDF 65kb)
Junior School – Years 2 to 6
- Years 2 To 6 Requirements (PDF 149kb)
- Years 2 To 6 Boys 2019 Uniform Order Form (PDF 69kb)
- Years 2 To 6 Girls 2019 Uniform Order Form (PDF 66kb)
Middle and Senior School – Year 7 to 12
TheUniform Shop does not distribute Bookpacks. To arrange Bookpacks for 2019 please click here to be redirected to the Bookpack page. The following items from the bookpack list are available from the Uniform Shop:
|Years 1 to 6|
Student Leaders - 2019
All 2019 College Year 6, 9 and 12 student leaders should purchase/order their wool-felt hat before the end of this school year (Wednesday 28 November 2018) to ensure that they will have one for the start of the 2019 school year.
Year 9 and 12 student leaders for 2019 should also organise their pockets to be embroidered with their required line before the end of Term 4 so that they are ready for their induction ceremony at the beginning of Term 1 2019.
Purchasing & Flexischools
Uniforms can also be purchased by visiting the Uniform Shop or by making a phone, mail, email, or fax order. Orders can be made on the specific year level order forms (as listing in the Price List for each year) or on the following order form: Uniform Shop Order Form (PDF 137kb)
Paid orders can be:
- collected from the Uniform Shop
- collected from Junior, Middle or Senior School Administrations
- delivered to students in Prep to Year 6
The following payment methods are accepted at the Uniform Shop:
- Cheque – made payable to West Moreton Anglican College
- MasterCard and Visa credit cards
Uniforms can be purchased online via the FlexiSchools online ordering system. The College Tuckshop also uses Flexischool.
You can set up a Flexischools account online by:
- Register for Flexischools by visiting www.flexischools.com.au, add your student, their school and form class to get started
- Top-up your account via Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or direct deposit
- Make an order by selecting from the range of uniforms available and proceed to make payment for the order listed in your order pad
- Review Orders by logging back in to your Flexischools account, you can view transaction history or cancel orders via your Flexischools login
- Online Ordering Fees - $nil for uniform orders
- Account Top-Up Fees - Direct Deposit $0.00
- Credit card (Visa/MasterCard) surcharge 1.3% of payment amount
- PayPal surcharge 1.5% of payment amount
During the year uniforms can be placed on Lay-by at the Uniform Shop. Please refer to the Lay-By Policy for further details: Lay-By Policy (PDF33kb)
- Minimum 10% deposit is required.
- Payments can be made to the lay-by at any time.
- Items placed on lay-by will be at the prices current when placed on lay-by.
- Items can be exchanged or refunded after the lay-by has been collected.
The items must be returned within a reasonable period. The College reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing an exchange, refund or repair. This may result in the exchange, refund or repair being refused.
As long as an item has not been used and is in the same condition as when it was purchased, it can be exchanged. A refund for an item will be given provided that the price paid for the item can be verified (receipt may be necessary). Second hand items will be refunded or exchanged proving the second hand tag is still attached and the item has not been used.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. If the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure the College will decide to either repair or replace the goods.
Second Hand Uniforms
The Uniform Shop accepts second hand uniforms that are in good condition for resale. During the term the items received are processed and the proceeds will appear as a credit on your College Statement of Account for the following term.
If you would like to sell your uniforms please read the following 'Conditions for Acceptance of Second Hand Items for Resale' document and include a completed 'Second Hand Items Request Form' with the uniforms when you leave them at the Uniform Shop:
As the College does not endorse the clearly visible naming on the outside of items for safety reasons, the Uniform Shop will not accept any second-hand items for re-sale if they have writing on the outside of them. All items left for re-sale should have any names removed or made illegible.
The following items are not accepted for second hand sale:
- Jumpers and vests without the College emblem
- Blouses and shirts with dark emblems
- Old style House polo’s
- Old style HPE shorts and navy HPE polo’s
- Old material Prep polo’s and Junior School track jackets
- Sizes 10 to 16 and 82-102 boys’ taupe shorts that are not adjustable
- Surf hats
No second hand items will be processed between Monday 19 November 2018 and Monday 4 February 2019 due to the back-to-school busy period. Second hand items are not to be left at the Uniform Shop during this period due to storage space.
It is strongly recommended that all items brought to the College by students (especially bags, blazers, jumpers and hats) be clearly and permanently marked with their first name and surname so that lost items can be identified. For safety reasons the College does not endorse the clearly visible naming on the outside of items. Hats should be named on the inside crown section and not on the top or bottom of the brim.
Bag tags, ribbon, etc. on bags make them easily recognisable so that it is less likely for students to pick up the wrong bag or to put their items in another student’s bag by mistake.
If a student loses an item during the Term they should contact the various College Receptions to see if they have the lost item. At the end of a Term all the lost property is brought to the Uniform Shop. Any clearly named items belonging to Junior School students are returned to them and Middle & Senior School students are emailed if their name is on any item. Any other students who lost uniform items in the prior Term should contact the Uniform Shop to check if their item is there.
Non-WestMAC items are placed outside the Uniform Shop every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the first three weeks of a Term. Non-WestMAC items that are not collected are then either donated to charity or destroyed.
Students in Years 7 to 12 are eligible to be awarded Lines and Colours that can be embroidered onto their blazer pockets. Students can also have their student number embroidered onto their hat.
Students are required to take there Line/Colour Award to the Uniform Shop, along with payment, to arrange blazer embroidery. The embroidery is done on a larger blazer pocket which is hand stitched (not machine sewn) over the top of the existing blazer pocket. The original blazer pocket should not be removed.
Year 12 students are entitled to have ‘Senior 2019’ on their pocket. All Year 7 to 12 students are allowed to have their House colour on their pocket.
Please contact the Uniform Shop for the next cut-off date for embroidery to be sent away.
All girls in Year 1 to 12 must wear the College metal badge on their tie.
WestMAC school bags are compulsory. Any other bags should be carried inside a WestMAC bag. It is strongly recommended that students use a backpack. All WestMAC school bags have either a one, three year or lifetime warranty. The warranty only covers faulty workmanship and materials. The warranty specifically excludes damage from misuse, improper handing or accident. It does not cover sport bags that have been used for non-sporting items.
The College Hair Policy can be found in the Student Diary. Hair must be away from the face and eyes at all times. Headbands and hair clips should either be navy or hair colour. Hair ties or elastic bands (used to tie pony tails) should either be hair colour, rust or navy blue. The wearing of makeup (including mascara and tinted lashes) is not permitted.
Hats are part of the school uniform. During the day, students at the College must wear a hat whenever they are not in a classroom or under a shade structure.
- Prep to Year 6 students must wear the Aussie Mate hat with both their formal and sport uniforms
- Year 6, 9 and 12 student leaders are required to wear the wool felt hat on occasions as directed
- Year 7 to 12 students can either wear the Aussie Mate hat with a hatband or the Wool felt hat with their formal uniform
- Year 7 to 12 students can wear a surf hat for sport
- The WestMAC cap can only be worn by a student when they have permission. It can be worn for Cross Country, Cricket and Tennis
As per the Student Diary "Black leather lace-up dress shoes are part of the full formal uniform and are to be worn by all students. Prep students only may wear shoes with velcro or buckles.”
Runners, deck shoes, boots, soft soled shoes, buckle or strap shoes are not permitted except in special cases where medical reasons prevail. Black leather lace-up shoes that don’t have a heel are not allowed. Shoes are to be kept neatly polished and in good condition.
A non-marking, non-fluro colour, lace-up runner/jogger style shoe that is designed for physical activity is required for sport. Dunlop volleys are not appropriate as they do not provide enough support over the long term. Specific footwear may be required for certain sports and subjects (e.g. soccer and football boots, safety boots).
Girls' skirts should be below the knee and of an acceptable length.
Skirts should not be taken up, or rolled up, so that the bottom of the skirt is above the knee. The Uniform Shop will not accept any skirts for resale that have been significantly shortened.
All girls must wear fold down white ankle socks with their formal uniform. Boys in Prep to Year 1 who are wearing rust ruggers must also wear fold down white ankle socks.
All students must wear the WMAC white PE socks for HPE lessons and sporting activities (unless the WMAC football socks are required instead) when wearing the navy HPE shorts or WestMAC bike shorts.
TAS Borrowed Uniforms
Borrowed sport uniforms are required to be return within two weeks of the final game/event otherwise the Parent’s Fees account will be invoiced $75 for the item.
Specific Subject Requirements
Agriculture Practices and Science
Agricultural Science students should order their Agricultural Science work shirts before the end of Term 4 2018 as the Uniform Shop only keeps very limited qualities of these shirts in stock.
Cattle Show Team Uniforms
Cattle Show Team polo’s are kept in stock but the Cattle Show Team jackets need to be ordered. Orders for the jackets are usually sent away at the end of the month. The current showing shirts can only be borrowed as the supplier has discontinued them and a new shirt has not been approved yet.
Dance and Drama
Dance and Drama students are required to wear the HPE house polo – not a ‘year’ polo. Please refer to the College bookpack lists for other requirements. The Dance Department will let Dance Company and Dance Troupe students know when they can order a Dance polo.
Equestrian Saddle Cloths
Students competing in Equestrian events for the College must use a College Saddle Cloth. Please contact the Uniform Shop if you need a saddle cloth.
The HPE uniform is:
HPE House Polos:
- Can be worn for HPE lessons by students in Years 1 to 12
- Prep students will wear their Prep polo for HPE lessons
- Can be worn for HPE lessons by students in Years 2 to 12
- Prep and Year 1 students will wear navy bike pants or rust ruggers
The TAS Carnival polo’s, Dance polo’s, Football Excellence shirts and WestMAC bike pants cannot be worn for PE lessons or REC lessons.
Middle School Book Satchels
As students in Years 7, 8 and 9 are not allowed to carry their school bags during the day they must have either a small or large Book Satchel.
All Prep to Year 12 students must wear the appropriate WestMAC swimming uniform for HPE and REC lessons. Students will not be permitted to swim if they are not in the correct swimming uniform.
The swimming uniform for Prep to Year 12 for HPE (including REC) lessons consists of:
- WestMAC one piece butterfly togs for girls
- WestMAC Speedos or Jammers for boys
- WestMAC sun-shirt
- House coloured swimming cap or “WestMAC” yellow swimming cap (only if a TAS Swimming team member) are compulsory
- WestMAC swim shorts (optional)
Non-WestMAC boy’s Speedos and non-WestMAC girl’s one piece togs may be worn providing that they cannot be seen under a WestMAC sun-shirt (WestMAC swim shorts may also be required to hide the non-WestMAC togs).
Bobby pins and the navy HPE shorts are not allowed to be worn in the pool.
Students are strongly advised to wear sunscreen.
The Swimming Uniform Policy does not apply to private swimming lessons conducted at theCollege Pool.